Research topic: Signal transduction mechanisms in molecular metabolism, evolution, and CNS disorders.
Research methods: Cell biology, molecular biology, enzymology, protein biochemistry, live cell imaging, in vivo models, bioinformatics.
Projects in the lab include:
- Lysosomal regulation in neurons and neurodegeneration
- Biochemical and physiological aspects of the protein kinase GSK-3
- Development of GSK-3 inhibitors: drug design and implications in in vivo models
- Nuerogenesis in the bird model
- The cross-talk between metabolic pathways and neurodegeneration