Research topics: Aspects of Gait and Parkinson’s disease: Gait disorders and risk of falls in the elderly and in patients with extra-pyramidal disorders or Parkinson’s disease. The genetic basis of Parkinson’s disease and ways to prevent it. Epidemiology of Parkinson’s disease in Israel.
Projects in the lab:
- MRI imaging of balance and gait in Parkinson’s disease: a clue to parkinsonian subtypes?
- Virtual-reality based intervention for gait and cognitive function.
- Freezing of gait: motor and non-motor mechanisms.
- Bilateral coordination of gait
- What cognitive abilities contribute to gait and fall risk?
- Long-term monitoring of gait and mobility at home
- Anxiety, stress, fear and their relationship to movement disorders
- Cognitive interventions for improving gait
- Genetic contributions to gait and mobility