Research topic: Investigations of the mechanism of decision-making in perceptual and motivation based decisions; mode of processing (analytic vs affective/intuitive); insight problem-solving; attention and memory.
Research methods: i) computational modeling of the neural mechanism and behavioral/psychophysical studies using accuracy, reaction-time and confidence measures, to test it. ii) cognitive manipulations to test specific hypothesis about the task processing and performance.
Projects in the lab include:
- Examination of the mechanism of perceptual decisions.
- Examination of mechanism of value-based decisions.
- Effects of mind-set (affect or intuition/analytic) manipulations on decision quality and insight problem-solving.
- Mechanisms of decision-confidence.
- The mechanism of visual-search.