- Molecular mechanism of cell recognition and signaling in the nervous system.
- Mapping protein-protein interactions on neuron cell surfaces.
Research methods: Bioinformatics, x-ray crystallography, molecular biology, mathematical modeling of receptor-ligand assembly formations, analytical ultracentrifugation, surface plasmon resonance, and mass spectrometry.
Projects in the lab include:
- Molecular basis of neuronal self-avoidance.
- Molecular mechanisms in neuronal circuits assembly.
- Identifying new receptor-ligand interactions underlying neuronal recognition.