Research topic: Improving diagnosis, follow-up and therapy response assessment in patients with brain pathologies using advanced MRI methods.
Research methods: Advanced magnetic resonance imaging (MRI): vascular imaging: dynamic susceptibility contrast (DSC), dynamic contrast enhancement (DCE) and vascular reactivity measures; diffusion tensor imaging (DTI), MR spectroscopy (MRS), relaxometry, magnetization transfer (MT) and conventional MRI methods including T1, T2, T2* weighted imaging.
Projects in the lab include:
- Multiparametric tissue classification for diagnosis and therapy response assessment in patients with brain lesions.
- Development of advanced tools for image processing.
- Predicting radiological outcome and cognitive decline in stroke patients.
- Predicting rehabilitation of children with cerebral palsy.
- Identification of MRI-based biomarkers for the identification of at-risk preterms.
- Characterization of normal fetal and placental development and developmental disorders during the prenatal period