• Organization of population dynamics and coding across brain states.
• Evolution of neuronal computation.
• In-vivo and in-vitro large-scale, high-density extracellular electrophysiology.
• Signal processing and data analysis
• Computational modelling
• Intra-cellular electrophysiology
Projects in the lab include:
• Visual processing in the ancestral three layered cortex of turtles.
• Mechanistic sources of neuronal variability and their impact on coding.
• Organization of neuronal activity during interaction between oscillating sub-populations.
• Continuous monitoring and processing of 3D posture information in reptiles.
• Evolution of cortical computation – investigation of the amphibian dorsal pallium.