Research topic: Motor and cognitive performance in various neurological and orthopedic populations. Primary motor activities of research include gait, balance and physical activity.
- Laboratory gait analysis via motion sensors, electronic walkway and a computerized treadmill.
- Posturography analysis.
- Energy expenditure measurements via a portable metabolic device using breath-by-breath technology (COSMED K5, COSMED Srl, Roma, Italy).
- Computerized cognitive tests
- Cortical thickness and subcortical volume based on the Freesurfer MRI analysis suite.
Projects in the lab include:
- The acute effects of moderate and vigorous aerobic exercise on cytokine inflammatory markers in women with multiple sclerosis.
- Gait and balance in people with Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV).
- Energy cost and kinematics of uphill and downhill walking in people with multiple sclerosis.
- The effect of a combined aerobic and strength exercise program in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis patients.
- Performance on the instrumented Timed Up and Go test in people with multiple sclerosis.