Research topic: I have two main research interests: first, understanding how semantic concepts are formed and integrated. Second, looking for the functions of conscious awareness, its neural underpinnings and its role in volitional action.
Research methods: EEG, behavioral and psychophysical studies, and intracranial recording.
Projects in the lab include:
- Tracking conscious and unconscious processes in real time (a computational project on intracranial data).
- The mechanisms of semantic integration: how conceptual relations are inferred and coded (behavioral studies).
- Time course of semantic integration: from visual processing to semantic judgments (EEG).
- The role of conscious awareness in high-level cognition (psychophysical and intracranial projects).
- The role of conscious awareness in volitional action (EEG and intracranial projects).