Research topics: The circadian clock system: underlying molecular mechanisms, functional development and light entrainment. Hypothalamic control of appetite and food consumption. Hypothalamic control of sexual maturation and reproduction.
Research methods: Molecular genetics in whole animal, the zebrafsh; Transgenesis and gene manipulation; Genome wide and bioinformatics analyses (in collaboration with experts); Behavior.
Main projects in the lab include:
- The role of newly identified neuronal circuits.
- Mechanisms of appetite control.
- Mechanisms underlying light-entrainment of the circadian clock and circadian rhythms of gene expression.
- Functions of novel genes in the zebrafish pineal organ
- Development and plasticity of the kisspeptin and GnRH neuronal systems during development and sexual maturation