Research topic: Neurobiology of eye movement and of vestibular system with emphasis on ataxia and vestibular disorders.
Research methods: Eye movements and vestibulo-ocular reflex (VOR) recording using the magnetic search coil technique.
Functional and cognitive measures in neurological and vestibular disorders.
Main projects in the lab include:
- Vestibulo-ocular reflex and eye movement abnormalities as possible biomarkers of Spinocerebellar Ataxia type 3 (SCA-3).
- The effect of Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) and pharmacological agents on SCA-3.
- Genetic, clinical and cognitive manifestations of SCA-3.
- The effect of visual cues and virtual reality on dizziness and vestibular disorders.
- Development of novel techniques to improve balance and prevent falls.
- Vestibular function and anxiety